dita-sidsc message

Subject: RE: Semiconductor marketing content

Falls within the remit of SIDSC? Certainly!

There’s so much remaining work in the register data domain that I wont be able to keep up with this thread, but I think it’s valuable work.

-seth park

From: John Walker [mailto:john.walker@nxp.com]
Sent: Wednesday, April 27, 2011 3:21 PM
To: Semiconductor Information Design Subcommittee
Subject: [dita-sidsc] Semiconductor marketing content

Hi All,

At the moment we’re working on a standardized set of marketing information for NXP products.

Internally we refer to this as a value proposition.

So far we have an internally approved set of guidelines for what content a value proposition can contain and Colin Maudry has created a specialized map for value propositions.

You can view the guidelines document in Google Docs:

https://docs.google.com/document/d/19renQKTwIBH8B8np-_KJllqn-2ocp_dNewkLwUQ6yng/edit?hl=en&authkey=CJyLvLUE

Bear in mind this document is intended for internal use at NXP, so the links won’t work.

Here’s a brief description of how we implemented this in DITA (Colin can give more details if required).

The idea is that each of the content elements in a value proposition (except the descriptive title and main visual) are managed as topics.

This allows the content chunks to be easily re-used between value propositions.

We’ve left the content model for the topics very flexible as we feel the marketing content needs to be as flexible as possible.

The value proposition itself is a map with specialized topicrefs to the content elements (descriptive title and main visual are in the map metadata).

A value proposition (map) can then be linked to a product or group of products and the content used in publications about those products.

In a given publication certain content elements (topics) can be filtered out if they are not required.

I was wondering if this falls within the remit of SIDSC and if any work has been done on this already?

Is anyone else handling this kind of content in DITA?

Regards,

John Walker

Business Analyst, Corporate Communications and Branding

NXP Semiconductors

High Tech Campus (HTC)60 - 4.38c, 5656 AG Eindhoven, The Netherlands

Tel: +31 40 27 29187, Mobile: +31 613973664, Fax: +31 40 27 29961

E-mail: john.walker@nxp.com, www.NXP.com

The information contained in this message is confidential and may be legally privileged. The message is intended solely for the addressee(s). If you are not the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any use, dissemination, or reproduction is strictly prohibited and may be unlawful. If you are not the intended recipient, please contact the sender by return e-mail and destroy all copies of the original message.