dita-sidsc message

Subject: SIDSC starter kit and code hosting

Hello,

As discussed in the last confcall, I started to investigate the possibilities to host the development of some kind of starter kit that would enable SIDSC adopters to produce basic but meaningful content.

SourceForge was mentioned, and I also had a look at Google Code, that offers similar services and was recommended by open-source-enthusiast friends of mine.

Given the relative simplicity of our project, the technical specifications are far from being a limitation. However, I’ve got great feedback about the usability and speed of Google Code UI.

In both cases, using an open source license is mandatory. We would probably use the GPL v3, as the DITA OT does, but that will probably depends on the output of Bob Beims’s homework with Freescale legal people.

Some useful links:

·         Google Code FAQ

·         Google Code Terms of service (same as general Google terms of use)

·         SourceForge guide

·         SourceForge terms of service

Following the model of the Learning specialization samples, I suggest this project delivers the following:

·         SIDSC DITA sample content

·         SIDSC sample output in XHTML and PDF

·         DITA OT plugin for transformation to XHTML and PDF

Tell me what you think of all this: content of the starter kit, experience with a project hosting solution, the license we should use, etc.

Best regards,

Colin Maudry

Product Data Analyst and DITA Implementer

cid:image001.gif@01C91339.12F576B0

NXP Semiconductors    www.nxp.com

High Tech Campus 60, room 4.406, 5656 AG  Eindhoven, The Netherlands

Tel: +31 40 27 25833 Mobile: +31 646 53 94 33     colin.maudry@nxp.com