dita-sidsc message

Subject: Any recommendation for a translation company?

Hello all,

As a consequence to the migration to DITA and the improvement of our content management processes, we kicked off a translation project at corporate level. Until recently translations were managed at business line/local level, but the lack of knowledge made us use agencies that didn’t product any translation memory.

We consequently contracted a license with XTM Cloud*, and are looking for a translation company that would offer us quality translation for our marketing/technical marketing content, to major Asian languages.

Does anyone personally recommends a translation company? So far, I have added CSOFT International and Transperfect to my shortlist. SDL was not added due to their high rates and personal experience.

Thanks!

* We are actually very satisfied of their solution. It deals very well with DITA content and offers many connectivity features (with your CMS, for instance) thanks to their open APIs. The main issue so far is performance when a project has over 300 files, which binds us to split our content. They’re working on it.

Colin Maudry

Product Data Analyst and DITA Implementer

cid:image001.gif@01C91339.12F576B0

NXP Semiconductors    www.nxp.com

High Tech Campus 60, room 4.438, 5656 AG  Eindhoven, The Netherlands

Tel: +31 40 27 25833 Mobile: +31 646 53 94 33     colin.maudry@nxp.com