dita-sidsc message

Subject: 2012-07-18 teleconference recording

SIDSC members;

For those who couldn't participate on the teleconference two weeks ago, the recording is available @

https://www147.livemeeting.com/cc/freescale/view?id=sidsc-120718 (59  minutes)

(if you already had your calendar blocked off for tomorrow's cancelled session, this will be good "filler").

We called the session to order and I reported that Noreen and I had not completed the work on preparation of the official proposal for the SIDSC specializations to be included in the DITA 1.3 specification. So we moved to the next agenda item, which was the review of Cheri Mullins' editorial review of the Register Specializations Specification; but life had conspired to keep her from being ready for that report.

I suggested that we end early unless someone had other business to discuss, and John Walker of NXP asked if he might give us all an update on their progress in managing parametric data via XML methodologies. The 45+ minute discussion that ensued was quite fascinating and enlightening! I strongly suggest that you'll want to listen to the dialog to hear about some exciting ideas for managing this rather tricky data type that we all struggle with so mightily.

Respectfully,
Bob Beims

Chair, OASIS DITA TC Semiconductor Information Design Subcommittee (SIDSC)

Applications Engineer, Staff Principal

Freescale Semiconductor, Inc.
6501 William Cannon Drive West, MD: OE327
Austin, TX 78735-8598

www.freescale.com

This e-mail, and any associated attachments have been classified as:
[X]Public
[ ]Freescale Semiconductor Internal Use Only
[ ]Freescale Semiconductor Confidential Proprietary