dita-sidsc message

Subject: This week's teleconference

Folks;

I've got a schedule conflict this week (I'm in a 3-day class on agile project management) so I can't chair the teleconference. However, there's an important topic that needs to be considered following my discussion with the DITA Technical Committee last week. For a synopsis of that discussion see https://www.oasis-open.org/apps/org/workgroup/dita/document.php?document_id=47738

The decision at hand is whether it makes more sense to continue to pursue the inclusion of the SIDSC specializations as part of the DITA 1.3 standard, or to make the SIDSC work a stand-alone DITA "profile". As the minutes referenced above state, this dialog with the TC will be continued during their 8-January teleconference. Due to the US holiday season, the SIDSC won't have a fully-attended teleconference before then.

Would someone else like to facilitate a teleconference tomorrow at our normally-scheduled time? If someone from Freescale could do that, the same audio conference bridge that we always use could be used (I'll provide you with my chair credentials).

Beyond a teleconference, we could obviously hold a discussion via this email list. Unfortunately, this list no longer reaches a past-active member: Cheri Mullins. AMD's financial woes has caused them to allow their corporate membership in OASIS to lapse, so Cheri's (and the other folks from AMD) account is currently inactive.

One other important note: I've been told that two additional semiconductor companies are in the final stages of establishing OASIS membership in order to participate in SIDSC efforts: ARM and Altera. So we'll soon have more folks working with us to further this standard!

Respectfully,
Bob Beims

Chair, OASIS DITA TC Semiconductor Information Design Subcommittee (SIDSC)

Applications Engineer, Staff Principal
Automotive & Industrial Solutions Group

Freescale Semiconductor, Inc.
6501 William Cannon Drive West, MD: OE327
Austin, TX 78735-8598

www.freescale.com

This e-mail, and any associated attachments have been classified as:
[X]Public
[ ]Freescale Semiconductor Internal Use Only
[ ]Freescale Semiconductor Confidential Proprietary