Subject: Re: [dita-techcomm] Notes from Today

HI Seth,
There is not much to add to your minutes except to get them into the right form and saved as Meeting Minutes

Rob Hanna mentioned a new topic as a possible 1.3 proposal. That is: keyref fallback content for variable content using something like the alt title attribute to record fallback content in the case that no key file is included in a map.

Came back to a statement that "change tracking is really most important" in terms of DITA requirements.

JoAnn

JoAnn T. Hackos, PhD
President
Comtech Services Inc.
710 Kipling Street, Suite 400
Denver, CO 80215
Joann.hackos@comtech-serv.com
303-232-7586

From: Seth Park <R01164@freescale.com>
Date: Monday, January 7, 2013 12:23 PM
To: DITA Tech Comm SC <dita-techcomm@lists.oasis-open.org>
Subject: [dita-techcomm] Notes from Today

Hi folks.

I am very sorry for having to abruptly drop off the call at the bottom of the hour.

Here are the notes I took for the first half. If someone will send me the second half, I’ll upload them to the OASIS site.

Thank you,

-seth

Roll Call: see the calendar for official tally

SUMMARY OF ACTIONS

1.Dave Helfensitein to review 13096, 13086, 13098

2.JoAnn to remind M. Priestley that 13097 depends on the ability to reuse "steps" from the task content model, which is one use case for a more generic cross-module reuse feature being considered for 1.3.

3.Seth to set up recurring meeting for SC conference calls in 2013. (done)

4. Seth: reminded to take care of standing action items, namely cleaning up the "change tracking" wiki (move pharma requirements to release mgmt page).

5.Everyone: collect examples of troubleshooting

DISCUSSION TOPIC

1. What to do the rest of the year?

Ideas:

* articles, whitepapers, examples on troubleshooting

* troubleshooting spec changes

Rob: Create outline for the troubleshooting guidelines articles. (possible webinar opportunity); should answer questions such as when to do "inline" troubleshooting vs standalone topic.

JoAnn: ask Robert Anderson to add "troubleshooting and release management" to the agenda of the April CIDM DITA 1.3 preview.