Subject: Changes to 13097 troubleshooting topic

Hi,

I got the floor today during the TC call to talk about the 13097 troubleshooting topic. During the discussion, TC members were pushing to have the troublebodydiv element required for multiple fallback scenario (troubleshooting topics having more than one remedy). I came up with a revised model for troublebody that does this:

(condition?, ((cause*, remedy?) | troublebodydiv*))

previously it was this:

(condition?, (cause | remedy | troublebodydiv)*)

I was uncomfortable with this change until it occurred to me that the source of my resistance was the name "troublebodydiv". I would like to to change the element name "troublebodydiv" to "troubleSolution". This name immediately suggest to writers the purpose of the element.

If we accept this name change, the new model for troublebody would be:

(condition?, ((cause*, remedy?) | troubleSolution*))

I would like to get your feedback within the next day or two. If we can agree, then I can implement these changes and get back on the agenda for next Tuesday's TC call.

Best Regards,
--
Bob Thomas
+1 720 201 8260