Subject: Re: [dita-techcomm] Review of 13102 stage 3 Release Management

Hi Tom,

This looks good to me. One note about page 13 of the PDF, there's an incomplete description for change-revisionid

Jane
--
Jane Credland
Lead Writer, Data Center Group Technical Documentation
Cisco Technical Communication
Office Phone: 408-424-6468

From: Bob Thomas <bob.thomas@tagsmiths.com>
Date: Monday, October 14, 2013 10:11 AM
To: "dita-techcomm@lists.oasis-open.org" <dita-techcomm@lists.oasis-open.org>

Hi Tom,

Nice work. This is nearly ready. However, I do have some technical comments about the implementation.

  1. File releaseManagement.dtd is unnecessary because domains only get applied within the context of other DTDs such as concept or task. Instead, the proposal needs to describe requirements for integrating the release management domain into each shell DTD where it would be relevant; for instance, concept.dtd or task.dtd
  2. releaseManagementDomain.ent and releaseManagementDomain.mod need typical invocation sections in their header comments. These sections show how a public identifier should be defined these files should be defined in a catalog file. See concept.mod and concept.ent for examples.
  3. Insert the XML processing instruction above line 1 in the listing for releaseManagementDomain.mod
  4. The name attribute ought to be omitted from the change-* elements. The semantic intent for the name attribute in the data element, from which all of these elements inherit, is for the name attribute to be paired with a value attribute. As it is, the default values for the name attributes in releaseManagementDomain.mod simply reflect the element names under which they have been defined, and I can't think of a practical use for that.
  5. Change the specialization attribute declarations (the class-attribute definitions) so that they begin with + instead of minus. The + indicates that the element is defined inside of a domain module.
Wrong:
<!ATTLIST change-item              %global-atts;  class CDATA
          "- topic/data rm-d/change-item ">

Correct:
<!ATTLIST change-item              %global-atts;  class CDATA
          "+ topic/data rm-d/change-item ">

Please let me know if I can be of any assistance.

Best Regards,
--
Bob Thomas
+1 720 201 8260