Subject: Please help me with the minutes for the December 12th Tech Comm Subcommittee

Hi,

Notes were not kept during last month's meeting. My recollections of what was said and who it range from vague to pure fantasy. Please take a look at my feeble attempt to capture the events, then send me feedback on what's missing and what I got wrong.

Minutes December 12, 2016

Bob Thomas called the meeting to order at 2 minutes past the top of the hour.

The main topic of discussion was whether the technical content package needed to be simplified for authoring. There was general consensus that authors benefit by having the technical content topic models configured and constrained. There was not consensus about the feasibility of doing that to the default technical content package for the DITA 2.0 release. Bob Thomas contended that optimizing the default technical content package for authoring was a badly needed improvement. Kris Eberlien expressed concern that incompatibility with DITA 1.3 and its predecessors could lead to rejection of such a change. Robert Anderson was also concerned about this, and he was expressed an additional concern about how the necessary changes would be expressed using the domains attribute.

Best Regards,

--
Bob Thomas
+1 720 201 8260