Subject: Re: [dita-techcomm] FW: wintitle content model

Here's our use case:

We have product names that are stored as variables (in case Marketing changes the name during development and due to product variants), which we express in DITA using <keyword> keys.

Several of our user interfaces use the product name as part of the interface area, which would be tagged with wintitle.

How would you recommend marking up a wintitle that includes a variable?

Thanks,

--Scott

From: Robert D Anderson <robander@us.ibm.com>
Date: Monday, July 10, 2017 at 8:04 AM
To: Scott Hudson <scott.hudson@jeppesen.com>
Cc: "dita-techcomm@lists.oasis-open.org" <dita-techcomm@lists.oasis-open.org>

Hi Scott,

The <wintitle> element is specialized from <keyword>, which cannot nest phrases or other keywords.

In order to nest those elements, one option would be to change its ancestry to phrase (which would be a backwards incompatible change, as it modifies processing + where the element can appear).

Regards,

Robert D. Anderson
DITA-OT lead and Co-editor DITA 1.3 specification,
Digital Services Group

E-mail: robander@us.ibm.com
Digital Services Group

11501 BURNET RD,, TX, 78758-3400, AUSTIN, USA

nactive hide details for Scott Hudson ---07/10/2017 08:52:15 AM---Is therScott Hudson ---07/10/2017 08:52:15 AM---Is there a reason wintitle can only contain text? Why not ph or keyword? Is this an error or by desi