Subject: Re: [dita-techcomm] Prototype for a separate technical content specification

I think this is a good starting point. Thanks for taking the time to start work on a prototype, Bob.

I think the first places to begin work are the following:

  1. Restructure the element reference topics to follow the template established for the DITA 2.0 spec. This will highlight material that is inappropriate -- or material that really needs to be addressed in conceptual topics.
  2. Investigate whether any of these topics include normative statements.
  3. Remove unnecessary levels of nesting, most of which are artifacts of generating an all-inclusive edition.
  4. Figure out what exactly needs conceptual topics. I think most of the conceptual (old arch spec) topics about document types are pretty useless.
Best,
Kris

Kristen James Eberlein
Chair, OASIS DITA Technical Committee