dita-translation message

Subject: MEETING MINUTES -- 24 April 2006 -- DITA TRANSLATION SUBCOMMITTEE

Best Regards,
Gershon

---
Gershon L Joseph
Member, OASIS DITA and DocBook Technical Committees
Director of Technology and Single Sourcing
Tech-Tav Documentation Ltd.
office: +972-8-974-1569
mobile: +972-57-314-1170
http://www.tech-tav.com
MEETING MINUTES -- 24 April 2006 -- DITA TRANSLATION SUBCOMMITTEE
(Minutes taken by Gershon Joseph <gershon@tech-tav.com>)

Date: Monday, 24 April 2006
Time: 08:00 - 09:00 PST

DITA Translation Subcommittee resources:
- SC Web site:
    http://www.oasis-open.org/apps/org/workgroup/dita-translation/index.php
- Non-OASIS members please email Gershon or Don and we'll post on
    your behalf

Roll Call
- Present: Don Day, Patrick Klassen, Robert D Anderson, Andrzej Zydron, Kevin
    Farwell, Gershon Joseph, Dave Walters
- Regrets:

Review/approve minutes from previous meeting (3 April 2006)
- http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/dita-translation/200604/msg00004.html
- No changes to minutes; leave approval for JoAnn next week.

Business

- Translation of required-cleanup
    - Robert summarized his email. Suggestion to make default translate=no on
        required-cleanup and draft-content.
    - What about child elements of required-cleanup and draft-content that set
        translate=yes?
    - Probably result of user mistake and better not to translate.
    - discussion...
    - Robert moves to add translate=no to these 2 elements and that translate=yes
        is respected.
    --ACTION-- Robert to respond to Yves via email and site our
        decision/recommendation in that email. Robert to write up proposal to
        be submitted to TC list.

- Resume discussion of best practices for inline elements
    - Awaiting Nancy's email starting the discussion off.
    - Remind everyone to consider use cases for next week.

Open

-   Andrzej summarized Shanghai conference
    - Lots of talk about DITA; JoAnn and Dave Schell representing us;
        I represented on xml-tm and DITA as well as one-day workshop on
        localization industry standards; lots of interest from Asia-Pacific
        concerning DITA, particular Chinese contingent; IBM had large
        contingent there including presentation from IBM Shanghai on XLIFF and
        DITA.

--Meeting adjourned after 37 minutes--