dita-translation message

Subject: Fw: DITA Translation SC best practices

Here is a response about due process for the DITA Translation
Subcommittee's best practices. The process would appear to be
straightforward: get the TC's approval on each practice as a Committee
Draft, upload the approved docs to the TC's documents area, then reference
the URL (or copy/paste the content) in an appropriate topic at the DITA
Focus Area.

There is already a category for Translation (empty at present) under the
DITA Knowledge Base/Production area of the site:
http://dita.xml.org/production-publishing .

Regards,
--
Don Day
Chair, OASIS DITA Technical Committee

   --T.S. Eliot
----- Forwarded by Don Day/Austin/IBM on 06/26/2006 12:10 PM -----

             "Mary McRae"
             <marypmcrae@gmail
                                       Don Day/Austin/IBM@IBMUS,
             06/26/2006 11:48          <carol.geyer@oasis-open.org>

                                                                   Subject
             Please respond to         RE: DITA Translation SC best
             <mary.mcrae@oasis         practices
                -open.org>

Hi Don,

  A subcommittee can't officially sanction any documents; what needs to
happen
is for the subcommittee to pass it on to the TC as a recommendation and
then the
TC can vote on it and adopt it as a Committee Draft. It should be visible
from
the TC public pages, and I certainly think it should be posted on the focus
area
site! I know that there's been folks from the XLiff TC participating in
this
work as well; they may want to post a link to this doc from their site as
well.

Congrats!

Mary