dita-translation message

Subject: FW: DITA Translation SC best practices

Hi all,

As requested during today's SC meeting, here is the information we received
from Don't action item to find out how/where we should publish our best
practice documents.

Best Regards,
Gershon

-----Original Message-----
From: Don Day [mailto:dond@us.ibm.com]

    ACTION -- Don to inform us where to publish our best practices.

Executive summary on "where to publish SC best practices:"

>   A subcommittee can't officially sanction any documents; what needs
> to happen is for the subcommittee to pass it on to the TC as a
> recommendation and then the TC can vote on it and adopt it as a
> Committee Draft. It should be visible from the TC public pages, and I
> certainly think it should be posted on the focus area site! I know
> that there's been folks from the XLiff TC participating in this work
> as well; they may want to post a link to this doc from their site as
> well.

> I'll also post links from
> http://www.oasis-open.org/about/available_translations.php,
> and John will cover in OASIS News. Please have the SC inform us when
> the final documents are ready.

I have edited the TC public page to open up the Subcommittees heading and
put in the link to the DITA Translation Subcommittee.  We can link our
practices, approved by the TC as Committee Drafts, on the TC's home page
(using the public version of the document links, which uses "committees" to
replace a bunch of the CGI-based URL).

JoAnn, in the correspondence I suggested that you might provide a blurb to
go under this SC heading that describes the charter of the SC.  I can post
it for you if you have a suggested short blurb in mind.

What documents have we had the TC approve already? We should formally submit
them again for recognition as CDs so that we get the appropriate designation
on them. "Committee Draft" should probably be in the published title for
consistency.

Regards,
--
Don Day