dita-translation message

Subject: Agenda DITA Translation Subcommittee -- 14 August 2006

Agenda for Monday 14 August 2006

11:00 am - 12:00 am Eastern Standard Team DITA Technical Committee teleconference USA Toll Free Number: 866-566-4838 USA Toll Number:

+1-210-280-1707

PASSCODE: 185771

Roll Call

Accept Minutes from 7 August 2006 (enclosed for those who are not TC

members)

http://www.oasis-open.org/apps/org/workgroup/dita-translation/<http://ww

w.oasis-open.org/apps/org/workgroup/dita-translation/>

Attached for non-members.

3) Review open action items

--ACTION-- Please send review comments to the list of the draft Best Practices for Indexing

ACTION  -- Rodolfo to prepare an outline for this best practice document
    for translating DITA and submit to list for discussion at a future meeting.
    At that meeting, SC should agree on the outline.

    CONTINUE.

    --ACTION-- Everyone to read Rodolfo's XLIFF article[2] and
    provide feedback to Rodolfo this week via the mailing list.

    CONTINUE.

    --ACTION -- Next draft of the best practice for legacy TM (Gershon Joseph)

    CONTINUE.

    --ACTION-- Rodolfo and Andrzej to investigate how translation tools can
    differentiate between these keyword elements as inline and standalone
    segments.

    CONTINUE.

4) Returning business:

4.1 Review the revision of the draft Best Practices for Indexing (JoAnn) . We cannot complete this item until the indexing group comes up with a decision on handling index range tags. See the changes marked in the current draft attached here.

New Business:

5.1 Discussion of Bryan Schnabel's feedback on the XLIFF article submitted by Rodolfo Raya. I’ve enclosed a copy of the article and Bryan's email.

5.2 Handling multi-language documents

Review the three examples provided by Gershon Joseph, Charles Pau, and Tony Jewtushenko ( see attached)

5.3 Andrzej provided examples of the need to change reusable building block to
    the group for discussion.

 5. New Business: (still on hold)

5.1 Handling multi-language documents

Charles Pau and others to provide examples to the list for discussion (multi-language documents best practice)

5.2 Andrjez provided examples of the need to change reusable building block to the group for discussion. (conref best practice)

JoAnn T. Hackos, PhD
President
Comtech Services, Inc.
710 Kipling Street, Suite 400
Denver CO 80215
303-232-7586
joann.hackos@comtech-serv.com

XML in localisation.doc

--- Begin Message ---

Best Regards,
Gershon

---
Gershon L Joseph
Member, OASIS DITA and DocBook Technical Committees
Director of Technology and Single Sourcing
Tech-Tav Documentation Ltd.