dita-translation message

Subject: DITA Translation Subcommittee Meeting Minutes -- 2 October 2006

Minutes from last week's meeting.

JoAnn T. Hackos, PhD
President
Comtech Services, Inc.
710 Kipling Street, Suite 400
Denver, CO 80215
303-232-7586
joann.hackos@comtech-serv.com
joannhackos Skype
www.comtech-serv.com

DITA Translation Subcommittee Meeting Minutes: 2 October 2006

(Recorded by JOAnn Hackos <joann.hackos@comtech-serv.com>)

The DITA Translation Subcommittee met on Monday, 2 October2006 at 08:00am PT
for 60 minutes.

1.  Roll call

    Present:
        JoAnn Hackos
        Robert Anderson
        Rodolfo Raya
	Bob Doyle (observing)
        Andrzej Zydron
        Kevin Farwell
        Don Day
        Nancy Harrison

    Regrets:

    Gershon Joseph

2.  Accept Minutes[1] from 25 September 2006

    Moved JHackos. Second NHarrison. Accepted.

3.  Review open action items

    --ACTION-- Next draft of the best practice for legacy TM (Gershon Joseph)

    CONTINUE. [JoAnn did revise Gershons's draft based on Kevin's comments and responses from
	Andrzej]

    --ACTION-- Nancy Harrison to work on examples of multi-language documents
    this week and we'll formulate a definition next meeting.

    CONTINUE.

    --ACTION-- Andrzej develop a conref best practice document

    CONTINUE. Andrzej sent updated draft to list.

4.  Returning business:

4.1 Revised the legacy TM best practice to make it more generic. Committee members will review
the changes for next week's meeting. Next week we will complete the document.

----