dita-translation message

Subject: Re: [dita-translation] DITA Translation Subcommittee Agenda -- 21May 2007

Hi,

I'll be unable to join today's conference. Please accept my regrets.

Rodolfo

On Sat, 2007-05-19 at 19:47 -0600, JoAnn Hackos wrote:
Toll Numbers: USA +1-770-615-1250
Toll-Free Numbers: USA 877-421-0033
Participant Passcode: 610708

Note from JoAnn: I'm going to be at a customer's site on Monday at 11 am EDT. I will try to call in to get the meeting started but I won't be able to stay more than 10-15 minutes.

1)  Roll Call

2)  Accept Minutes from 7 May 2007 . Gershon will send

3)  Review open action items

    3.1 ACTION: Gershon to investigate whether he can use a client's samples.
        Gershon will assemble all the examples into the template for the TC

        CONTINUED. Awaiting legal OK; Gershon is selecting items for use in the Best Practice.

    3.2 ACTION: Gershon and Don will present the approved best practices on
        indexing, conrefs, Translation Memory, and multilanguage as committee drafts for approval by the DITA
        Technical Committee.

        CONTINUED. Gershon to complete marking up in DITA XML and complete OASIS
        customization and deliver to TC for review

        Don asked Gershon to make new Wiki page with links to the latest drafts
        of the Translation SC BPs for review.

    3.5 ACTION: Rodolfo will continue to work on the Best Practice for XLIFF
        CONTINUED.

    3.6 ACTION: JoAnn will try writing the sort order addition to the indexing
        Best Practice for review.
        CONTINUED.

    3.7 ACTION: JoAnn will contact Richard Ischida to get clarification on the need for a pronunciation element
            or attribute for the acronym proposal.

        IN PROGRESS -- note sent to Richard. JoAnn raised the issue at the OASIS Symposium with the Accessibilty
        working group headed by Peter Brunet from IBM. They are working on accessibility for ODF. Suggested that
        DITA be included in the accessibility discussions. No response as yet.

4)  Returning business:

    4.1 Review latest version of Andrzej and Rodolfo's  acronym proposal.

    4.2 Discuss Rodolfo's  proposed additions to the Indexing best practice.

5)  New business:

     5.1 JoAnn report on work on acronym specialization

JoAnn T. Hackos, PhD
President
Comtech Services, Inc.
710 Kipling Street, Suite 400
Denver CO 80215
303-232-7586
joann.hackos@comtech-serv.com

--
The information in this e-mail is intended strictly for the addressee, without prejudices, as a confidential document. Should it reach you, not being the addressee, it is not to be made accessible to any other unauthorised person or copied, distributed or disclosed to any other third party as this would constitute an unlawful act under certain circumstances, unless prior approval is given for its transmission. The content of this e-mail is solely that of the sender and not necessarily that of Heartsome.