dita-translation message

Subject: FW: Presenting XLIFF 1.2

Title: Message
Dear Friends,
Please vote on the new X'liff 1,2 specification. Bryan needs 42 votes in favor. See the link in his original note below.

If you're not the voting representative for your company, please let the representative know about this critical vote.
JoAnn

JoAnn T. Hackos, PhD
President
Comtech Services, Inc.
710 Kipling Street, Suite 400
Denver CO 80215
303-232-7586
joann.hackos@comtech-serv.com

From: bryan.s.schnabel@tektronix.com [mailto:bryan.s.schnabel@tektronix.com]
Sent: Tuesday, January 22, 2008 1:12 PM
To: JoAnn Hackos
Subject: RE: Presenting XLIFF 1.2

Hi JoAnn,

We greatly appreciate your votes.  STC and Comtech represent prestigious organizations whose affirmative votes bolster our specification's reputation.  Thank you very much.

I've been told that it is not uncommon for much of the voting to happen toward the very end of the voting cycle.  Though it may be the norm, it makes me a little uneasy (as of right now, we have 19 votes, and I think we need to get around 42).  I worry a little that localization is not high on the list of what a lot of OASIS member companies are concerned about.

If you are inclined to help us to get more people to vote for XLIFF we'd be very grateful.  Having someone like you go to bat for us would really help.

Thanks again,

Bryan