dita-translation message

Subject: RE: [dita-translation] Now may be the time to express (reinforce)XLIFF as a best practice for translating DITA

Hi Gershon,

I'm happy that you are behind this. I like your idea of getting the word out about XLIFF and DITA as a best practice through the DITA Adoption TC.

One of the things we do on the XLIFF side is to publish reference guides. I think at a minimum we should publish a reference guide for processing DITA with XLIFF.

Thanks for your interest,

Bryan

-----Original Message-----
From: Gershon Joseph (gerjosep) [mailto:gerjosep@cisco.com]
Sent: Wednesday, December 09, 2009 5:18 AM
To: Schnabel, Bryan S; dita-translation@lists.oasis-open.org
Cc: tony.jewtushenko@productinnovator.com

Hi Bryan,

Count me in. OASIS does not currently support an SC that's shared by
TCs. I'm wondering if we could leverage the DITA Adoption TC for this
activity? I think this would be a very good fit. It would, however,
require XLIFF TC members who wish to participate in this effort to join
the DITA Adoption TC.

I am co-chair of this TC with JoAnn Hackos, and we have discussed
including DITA translation adoption as part of our TC's activities.

--
Gershon