dita-translation message

Subject: Re: Proposal 13010: Glossary Sort As

(resending as I didn't have permission to post to the Translation SC the first time)

Hi everyone,

I'm cc'ing the DITA Translation SC, as this feature is mostly intended to facilitate translation.

I think we could use more examples of what this feature would be used for, i.e. What things are sorted alphabetically in output, and in what types of publications? It's plausible to me that reference topics and definition list items should be sorted alphabetically in some publications, but I don't know what these publications are. The proposal template has the following questions, which I can easily answer for glossary entries but not for anything else:

- Who will benefit from this feature?
- What is the expected benefit?
- How many people probably will make use of this feature? For example, everyone, many, or
few.
- How much of a positive impact is expected for the users who will make use of the feature?

Best,
Su-Laine