dita-users message

Subject: Transforming bookmap to a nested xhtml hierarchy

Hello DITA Users

Wondering if someone could advise on how to get a dita bookmap with multi-level nested dita topicref directory structure to generate xhtml output files either the same hierarchy (one-to-one correspondence with dita topics), or to a flat target output directory , with proper linking to the xhtml files that correspond to the dita topic hierarchy?

What happens is that I get an index.html file generated proper in designated output directory, with the links to the transformed dita topics, pointing to their respective nested directories. However, the actual xhtml files do not get created anywhere and hence the index file ToC links are dead ends.

For example, the dita topics may be like so:
dir1/a.xml
dir1/dir2/b.xml
dir1/dire2/dir3/c.xml

The output index.html, is generated in specified output-xhtml directory, with voided links in it like so:
dir1/a.html
dir1/dir2/b.html
dir1/dir2/dir3/chtml

{a, b, c}.html are not actually generated anywhere.

With some exploration of the xsl files involved in the transform, my guess is that the subject file is 'DITA-OT\xsl\map2htmtoc.xsl', which is imported by 'DITA-OT\xsl\map2xhtmtoc.xsl'. However, there are many parametrs that are, to my best knowledge, not documented anywhere. Any clue of how to decipher such publishing parameters is as well appreciated.

Thanks & regards,
Khaled