dita-web message

Subject: Groups - DITA for the Web Meeting: Wed May 25th 10am EST added

DITA for the Web Meeting: Wed May 25th 10am EST has been added by Mark Lewis

Date:  Wednesday, 25 May 2011
Time:  10:00am - 11:00am ET

Event Description:
All, I tried to add toll free, but all I could find was local numbers for UK and Canada. Let me know if they work ok.

1.  Please join my meeting, Wednesday, May 25 at 10:00 AM Eastern Daylight Time.
https://www1.gotomeeting.com/join/594165417

2.  Use your microphone and speakers (VoIP) - a headset is recommended.  Or, call in using your telephone.

Canada: +1 (647) 724-3550
United Kingdom: +44 (0) 121 368 0267
United States: +1 (215) 383-1010
Access Code: 594-165-417

Meeting Password: dita4web
Meeting ID: 594-165-417

GoToMeeting
Online Meetings Made Easy

Agenda:
We started with the following agenda last time. Lisa and Stever were researching a couple of the topics and are reporting.
Mark plans to show part of a Quark demo video.

microXML:
What is it? Should we investigate?
http://blog.jclark.com/2010/12/microxml.html

Polygot Markup:
What is it? Should we investigate?
W3C document:
http://www.w3.org/TR/html-polyglot/
HTML/XHTML Compatibility Authoring Guide (ed: Eliot Graff)

Demonstrations:
Dynamic HTML demo by Quark: MarkL is determining applicability and working on approval.

DITA for Mobile Devices:
In general, there has been a lot of development in the area of mobile devices.
I think it is time to get an update from Kris Rockwell who gave us his DITA for Mobile Devices presentation about one year ago.

OASIS LinkedIn group:
Do we need/want a SC group on linked in to promote the group and advertise for new blood?

XML-dev list:
Don Day suggested someone become a liaison to W3C.
Is anyone interested in doing this?

Research:
What new areas do we want to research?

Minutes:

View event details:
http://www.oasis-open.org/apps/org/workgroup/dita-web/event.php?event_id=30695

PLEASE NOTE:  If the above link does not work for you, your email
application may be breaking the link into two pieces.  You may be able to
browser.

BEGIN:VCALENDAR
METHOD:PUBLISH
VERSION:2.0
X-WR-CALNAME:My Calendar
BEGIN:VEVENT
CATEGORIES:MEETING
STATUS:TENTATIVE
DTSTAMP:20110524T000000Z
DTSTART:20110525T140000Z
DTEND:20110525T150000Z
SEQUENCE:0
SUMMARY:DITA for the Web Meeting: Wed May 25th 10am EST
  numbers for UK and Canada. Let me know if they work ok.\n\n1.  Please
  join my meeting\, Wednesday\, May 25 at 10:00 AM Eastern Daylight
  Time.\nhttps://www1.gotomeeting.com/join/594165417\n\n2.  Use your
  microphone and speakers (VoIP) - a headset is recommended.  Or\, call
  in using your telephone.\n\nCanada: +1 (647) 724-3550\nUnited Kingdom:
  +44 (0) 121 368 0267\nUnited States: +1 (215) 383-1010\nAccess Code:
  594-165-417\nAudio PIN: Shown after joining the meeting\n\nMeeting
  Password: dita4web\nMeeting ID: 594-165-417\n\nGoToMeeting \nOnline
  Meetings Made Easy\n\nGroup: DITA for the Web SC\nCreator: Mark
  Lewis
URL:http://www.oasis-open.org/apps/org/workgroup/dita-web/event.php?event_id=30695
UID:http://www.oasis-open.org/apps/org/workgroup/dita-web/event.php?event_id=30695
END:VEVENT