Subject: First meeting: OASIS DITA Technical Committee

Greetings.  As the convener for the OASIS DITA Technical Committee, I want to thank you for your interest in signing up for  participation in the workgroup.  I look forward  to our first meeting, which is coming up as scheduled for Tuesday.  Here are some details to add to those already published:

First meeting: Tuesday, May 4, 2004
Time: from 11:00 AM to 1:00 PM EDT
Method: teleconference
   USA Toll Free Number: 866-566-4838
   USA Toll Number: +1-210-280-1707
   PASSCODE: 185771

The meeting will start promptly; call in early if possible.

Agenda:

1.  Roll call
2.  Welcome by convener: Dave Schell
3.  Election of the chair
4.  Welcome from the OASIS staff
5.  Review of the TC charter:
    http://www.oasis-open.org/committees/dita/charter.php  or
    http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/tc-announce/200403/msg00016.html
6.  Vote on any standing rules for the TC
7.  Assignment of responsibilities
    editors
    secretary/scribe
    webmaster
    liaisons with other groups
    parliamentarian
8.  Organization of subcommittees
9.  Discussion of contributed work
    http://www.oasis-open.org/committees/documents.php?wg_abbrev=dita
10. Discuss proposition to W3C Call for Papers Workshop on Web Applications
    and Compound Documents
    http://www.w3.org/2004/04/webapps-cdf-ws/.
11. Confirmation of meeting schedule

Dave