Subject: RE: [dita] Compound Documents

"Esrig, Bruce (Bruce)" <esrig@lucent.com> wrote on 05/06/2004 03:51:36 PM:

> My position is that the content is acceptable and the contribution
> should be supported. However, a rewrite would help if time and
> resources allow.
>
> I have sent editorial suggestions to the authors in a separate
> message (Tuesday May 4, 4:53pm Eastern). To summarize, I agree with
> Paul Antonov that our discussion should clarify the possible types
> of compound documents before explaining the particular forms that
> DITA supports and how particular DITA features can help.
>
> Bruce Esrig

One new development--a response from W3C to my request about
whether we can update the document:

> > Before we commit to making any changes, therefore, I need to ask on their
> > behalf, Can we have a chance to amend this document and resubmit it? If so,
> > by when do you need the updated version?
>
> You are welcome to amend the document at any time.
> However, the reviewers are about to start work, so they will
> need access to the document. For now I've included the original
> version in the reviewing package, and will update with the one
> attached to your recent message.
>
> Next week, the papers will be made public.
>
> Like I said, you can update any time you like, or if you
> prefer, put the document up somewhere on the web and I'll
> refer to it.

> Dean

This being the case, I'll put the issue on the agenda for tomorrow's
scheduled telecon.  We should be able to discuss the proposed changes
and decide whether to keep the submission as a TC statement based on
the updates.

Michael, Eliot--did you have any questions for Bruce or the list
that we can discuss prior to tomorrow's meeting?

Regards,
--
Don Day <dond@us.ibm.com>
Chair, OASIS DITA Technical Committee