Subject: Browser setup information for Monday's DITA Briefing 3

Additional info for the DITA Briefing 3 notice I sent out earlier...

Monday's DITA Briefing will involve a live demo of DITA processing. The presentation is being offered on two streams: WebEx (courtesy Intel) and SameTime (courtesy IBM). We have enough lines between the two streams to cover everyone, but not everyone can use both streams. I'd like to ask your cooperation to get everyone connected.

Below is connection information for both streams. **I ask that you use the SameTime stream if you can.** For those who have firewall restrictions preventing the use of SameTime (or if SameTime fills up), you are welcome to use the WebEx signup. In this way we can ensure that those who can't use SameTime will have a chance to use WebEx to get into the presentation.

Please try to bring multiple attendees to a single location to help free up lines for others.

Be advised--both methods require obtaining passwords or installing client software prior to the conference. Get started early!

Here is the SameTime information for Monday's meeting.

PREPARE FOR THE WEB CONFERENCE

  Customers, business partners and vendors:

   + When joining the web conference, you will be asked for an IBM ID and password.
     Please use the same ID and password that you use when visiting www.ibm.com.  If
     you need an IBM ID and password, visit
http://www.ibm.com/collaboration/collaboratenow
     and follow the steps outlined there.  The ID should be active within 10 minutes of
     submission.

   + If this is your first IBM Web Conference, attend the special "test" meeting to
     make sure that you can join easily.  Please visit

http://www.ibm.com/collaboration/collaboratenow/ and click "test meeting"

   + To join the conference, a Windows 2000 or Windows XP computer is required.

  IBM employees:

   + Please use your w3.ibm.com intranet ID and password.

JOIN THE WEB CONFERENCE

  1) Join the conference up to 15 minutes prior to 6/7/2004 10:45 AM (UTC -4)
  2) Direct your web browser to the following URL:
https://www.ibm.com/collaboration/webconferences/meetingdetails.jsp?meetingId=28E4743093A450B92318FD29EDEFADA7
  3) When asked, enter your user name and password.  Customers use your IBM ID.
  4) When prompted, enter the web conference password:  dita3brief

  Additional web conference details:

     Conference name:    DITA briefing 3
     Password:           dita3brief
     Start time:         6/7/2004 10:45 AM (UTC -4)
     Duration:           1h 30m
     IBM Confidential?   No
     Moderator:          mpriestl@ca.ibm.com
     Tools:              Whiteboard, Screen sharing
     Attachments:        None

Here is the WebEx information for Monday's meeting.

Important -- first-time users need to install a plug-in at least 5 minutes before the meeting starts. See attached PDF file (zipped) for instructions.

I look forward to seeing you at Monday's presentation!

Regards,
--
Don Day <dond@us.ibm.com>
Chair, OASIS DITA Technical Committee

--T.S. Eliot

(See attached file: WEBEX_Participant.zip)

WEBEX_Participant.zip