Subject: Re: [dita] Proposal for DITA namespaces

Erik Hennum wrote:

> Dang.  The one that makes sense to me is the nut case.  Let me try
> to argue some method in my madness.

If we accept my proposal for namespacing only the class attribute, then
it doesn't matter which approach you choose--they are all functionally
equivalent for the purposes of processing DITA documents. So if you want
a DITA world with 18 namespaces to start, go for it. If you want a DITA
world with no namespaces, you're good to go. It just doesn't matter from
the standpoint of DITA processing or validation (using architectural
validation).

It also means I don't have to make my brain hurt thinking about whether
or not Erik's analysis of the nut case is correct :-)

The issue of qualifying class names is a separate issue, but I think
it's an easy one solve. I'll post about that in a separate thread.

W. Eliot Kimber
Professional Services
Innodata Isogen
9390 Research Blvd, #410