Subject: OASIS DITA TC: 17 August 2004 meeting reminder

Greetings, DITA TC colleagues.  This is a reminder for Tuesday's regular
telecon, from 11 AM to noon EDT.

Again, I'm switching our developing Spec into higher priority this week
so that we can make some progress on it.  Please review our extant Intro
draft in either the CHM or PDF versions in the Documents area of the
OASIS DITA TC page.

(Apparently the Documents area does not allow public access to docs in
the Temp folder, so this morning I have moved the PDF set into the
Contributions folder, which should cause it to be listed in Documents.)

USA Toll Free Number: 866-566-4838
USA Toll Number: +1-210-280-1707
PASSCODE: 185771

Agenda:

0. Scribe for today's minutes

1. Roll call

2. Review/approve minutes from 10 August

3. Review/revise intro section for the initial specifications.
 Content:
 - Latest versions:
http://www.oasis-open.org/apps/org/workgroup/dita/download.php/8636/ditaspec-intro-08102004.chm
http://www.oasis-open.org/apps/org/workgroup/dita/download.php/8677/ditaspec-intro-08102004.pdf

 Schedule:
 - 17 Aug 2004
     - First major milestone -- complete
       first draft of first section and send
       out for review.
     - Begin review of 1st section.
 - 07 Sep 2004
     - Complete review/revision of 1st
       section; begin review of 2nd section.
 - 28 Sep 2004
     - Complete review/revision of 2nd
       section; begin review of 3rd section.
 - 19 Oct 2004
     - Complete review/revision of 3rd
       section; beginning of final review
 - 02 Nov 2004
     - Complete final review
 - 16 Nov 2004
     - Release 1.0 spec to OASIS

4. New tasks--discuss DTD cleanup for specification, for example:
 - Edit and normalize formatting, comments, copyrights, licenses, etc..
 - Test the DTDs and Schemas
 - Test suites for conformance testing? methodologies for testing?
 - Implementation/interoperability tips for users, vendors

5. Progress on remaining issues currently in discussion.
 - Namespace for DITA?
 - Which version of CALS table model?
 - Conref and XInclude?

6. AOB?