Subject: Re: [dita] DTD Formatting: Element Alignment

Debbie suggested I post a source for a complete declaration set using my
one-line-per style.

Here is the HyTime meta-DTD: http://www.hytime.org/materials/hi2mdhyt.sgm

Note that this is an SGML DTD, so it includes embedded comments within
declarations, which you can't do in XML.

As part of this discussion I am coming to appreciate that being able to
have comments associated with individual syntax tokens. Given that you
can't do that in XML, some of the motivation is lost. However, having
used this syntax for a number of years now [we published HyTime 2 in
1997, yow, getting old] I still prefer it even without the comments.

But given our audience, I suspect that Debbie's format is more appropriate.

I mostly just wanted the one-line-per style to get a fair consideration.

W. Eliot Kimber
Professional Services
Innodata Isogen
9390 Research Blvd, #410