Subject: Re: [dita] W3C XML Schema 1.1

Hi Scott,

The issue related to "restriction via subsumption" is still active within
the XML Schema WG.

RQ-17 -
http://www.w3.org/XML/Group/2002/07/xmlschema-1.1-current-reqs-list.html#restrictn-rules
 (not sure if you have to be a W3C member to view the document).

I did speak to IBM's rep on the workgroup and he's is aware of our
requirements as well as the WG. They working on solving this issue for WXS
1.1.
Part of the new algorithm is implemented in Saxon 8.0 and XSV

Kind regards,
Eric
Eric A. Sirois
Staff Software Developer
DB2 Universal Database - DBA XML Tools Development
IBM Canada Ltd. - Toronto Software Lab
Email: esirois@ca.ibm.com
Phone:(905) 413-2841
Blue Pages (Internal)

             "Tsao, Scott"
             <scott.tsao@boein
             g.com>                                                     To
                                       <dita@lists.oasis-open.org>
             09/15/2004 02:09                                           cc
             PM
                                                                   Subject
                                       [dita] W3C XML Schema 1.1

I recall that someone has mentioned that DITA requires functionality beyond
the current XML Schema (1.0) spec, and I wonder if those requirements have
been documented somewhere and are being considered by the W3C WG to be
included in the XML Schema 1.1 spec.

Regards,

Scott Tsao
The Boeing Company