Subject: xml:tm - DITA complementary technology

Dear DITA TC Committee members,

I have been an observer on the DITA TC since its inception. Due to commitments
to other OASIS TCs (XLIFF, XLIFF Segmentation and Translation Web Services as
well as LISA GILT Metrics) I have not been able to participate actively within
the DITA TC to date. My main area of specialization is XML and
translation/localization.

I am also the technical architect of xml:tm - XML based text memory which is
designed to be a complimentary technology to DITA.

xml:tm is designed to work with existing XML based localization industry
standards such as SRX, GMX, TMX and XLIFF and compliment document re-use
architectures such as DITA. It is primarily a namespace based technology that is
designed to be embedded within XML documents.

The bottom line of xml:tm is substantially reduced translation costs and re-use
of text at the sentence level for consistency and reduced authoring costs.

Please find below some relevant links that explain the inner workings of xml:tm.

1) O'Reilly's xml.com have published a detailed article concerning xml:tm. You
can access this article directly via this URL:

http://www.xml.com/pub/a/2004/01/07/xmltm.html

2) A full standard specification document is available at the following address:

http://www.xml-intl.com/docs/specification/xml-tm.html

3) A technical white paper about xml:tm is available at the following address:

http://www.xml-intl.com/docs/xml-tm-whitepaper.pdf

4) The DTD for xml:tm is available at the following address:

http://www.xml-intl.com/dtd/tm.dtd

5) The XSD Schema for xml:tm is available at the following address:

http://www.xml-intl.com/dtd/tm.xsd

xml:tm is currently maintained by xml Intl. We are in the process of offering it
  for consideration as an endorsed standard to LISA (Localization Industry
Standards Association - http://www.lisa.org) which is affiliated to OASIS.

Please do not hesitate in contacting me if you have any queries regarding xml:tm.

Best Regards,

Andrzej Zydron

--

email - azydron@xml-intl.com
smail - c/o Mr. A.Zydron

may not disseminate, distribute or copy this e-mail.  Please
verification is required please request a hard-copy version. Unless
explicitly stated otherwise this message is provided for informational
purposes only and should not be construed as a solicitation or offer.