Subject: RE: [dita] When does DITA Document Type Not Meet Requirements?

Much of this discussion is over my head, so perhaps my comment here
won't make sense.  But what is preventing you from specializing the base
DITA topics into "indexable" topics that include the "see" and "see
also" tags that you need?  And then building whatever other topics you
need, on top of that?  Then you'd still be in conformance with DITA.

By the way, I think this is an important discussion because it gets at
the core of what the TC is trying to accomplish and how DITA will
actually be received and used.  I don't think we need to slow down the
1.0 release for this, but it's still a very worthwhile discussion.

Seraphim
Seraphim Larsen                  ICG Technical Publications
Technical Writer                          Intel Corporation
(480) 552-6504                                 Chandler, AZ

The content of this message is my personal opinion only.
Although I am an employee of Intel, the statements I make
here in no way represent Intel's position on the issue, nor
am I authorized to speak on behalf of Intel on this matter.