Subject: RE: [dita] URIs and versions

Hi Paul,

  I understand your frustration with Kavi, and yes, OASIS staff is working hard to craft a solution that will be stable for years to come. Existing file naming and location conventions are all over the map; we need a repeatable set of production rules that will not only provide predictable and persistent URLs but ensure that our standards are easily accessible to the public at large. This is just one piece of the larger document management issue (which is just one piece of the larger TC support infrastructure) which we are currently working to resolve. I can't speak to past practices but want to assure you that Jamie and I - TC Admin - consider this a top priority.

Regards,

Mary

From: Paul Grosso [mailto:pgrosso@arbortext.com]
Sent: Wednesday, January 05, 2005 9:34 AM
To: mary.mcrae@oasis-open.org
Cc: DITA TC list

If "OASIS" is defining rules, then "OASIS" should be asking the
OASIS members for input and opinions.  "OASIS" has done stuff
in the past that has caused serious negative impact on TC work
(e.g., Kavi in general), and it would be nice to avoid similar problems
in the future.

Why doesn't "OASIS" (whoever they are) work with its own membership
more in such technical areas?

(Apologies if there has been a request for input on this issue and I missed it.)

paul