Subject: Text of addition to description of scale attribute

The scale attribute provides an acknowledged style-based property directly on DITA elements. It will be deprecated in favor of external style specifications. For the table and fig elements, the intent of the property is to allow authors to adjust font sizes on the content of the containing element, primarily for print accomodation. An image in these contexts is to be scaled only by its own direct scale property. If not specifically scaled, such an image is unchanged by the scale property of its parent table or fig.

Regards,
--
Don Day <dond@us.ibm.com>
Chair, OASIS DITA Technical Committee