Subject: Re: [dita] Language reference: containment info

Those had been originally created by a script I wrote that parsed the DTDs and generated the links. With changes in the content models in the two years since that last pass, the sections were no longer valid reflections of what is in the content models. Michael and I decided not to publish the errant navigation. Ideally, a tool that traverses DTDs should be able to produce a map that represents the content relationships, thereby providing the navigation externally from the content, which is the whole intent of having easily maintained topics.

Regards,
--
Don Day <dond@us.ibm.com>
Chair, OASIS DITA Technical Committee

--T.S. Eliot
Inactive hide details for Christopher Wong <cwong@idiominc.com>Christopher Wong <cwong@idiominc.com>

          Christopher Wong <cwong@idiominc.com>

          02/17/2005 04:43 PM

DITA TC list <dita@lists.oasis-open.org>

cc

Subject

[dita] Language reference: containment info

Aargh ... did I fall asleep when the TC decided to omit the "Contained
by ..." and "Contains ..." sections of the language reference? I noticed
that the conrefs are commented out in the source. It's much harder to
use the reference now, in either PDF or CHM as uploaded. Could somebody
fill me in on the Right Way to use the reference now? Thanks.

Chris

GIF image