Subject: RE: [dita] Keywords in DITA (example)

Oops ... I had a <p> out of context in the task.
Deleted it.

Bruce

-----Original Message-----
From: Esrig, Bruce (Bruce) [mailto:esrig@lucent.com]
Sent: Wednesday, March 09, 2005 2:40 PM
To: 'JoAnn Hackos'; Don Day; Paul Prescod
Cc: dita@lists.oasis-open.org

Yes, a good example would help ... anyone want to buy a snow shovel (see example) ?

Here goes,

Bruce

=============

First the hierarchy.

Keyword archetype.
  - keyword-as-description
      o existing keyword element, in the sense defined by HTML/Docbook
      o existing indexterm element
  - keyword-as-content
      o wintitle
      o widgettype
      o widgetname

Now some markup.

<task id="snowShovelInventory-task" xml:lang="en-us">
<title>Checking the inventory of snow shovels</title>
<taskbody>
    <steps>
                        <widgetname>Item</widgetname> field and click on
                         to find out how many snow shovels are in stock.</cmd></step>
    </steps>
</taskbody>
<related-links>
    <link href="../concepts/snowShovel.xml" format="xml" type="concept">
    <link href="../reference/inventoryWindow.xml" format="xml" type="reference">
</related-links>
</task>

<concept id="snowShovel-concept" xml:lang="en-us">
<prolog><metadata>
    <keywords>
        <keyword>snow</keyword>
        <keyword>tool</keyword>
        <indexterm>tools
<title>Snow shovel</title>
<conbody>
    To help snow come off the scoop, spray the scoop with cooking spray.</p>
</conbody>
<related-links>
    <link href="../tasks/snowShovelInventory.xml" format="xml" type="task">
</related-links>
</concept>

<reference id="inventoryWindow-reference" xml:lang="en-us">
<prolog><metadata>
    <keywords>
        <indexterm>windows
        <indexterm>fields
        <indexterm>fields
<title>Inventory window</title>
<refbody><refsyn>
    provides a count of items given the name of the item.
    The <widgetname>Item</widgetname> field contains the name of an item.
    The <widgetname>Count</widgetname> field states how many items with that name
    are in stock according to the inventory records.</p>
</refsyn></refbody>
</reference>