Subject: FW: [dita] Protocol for specialization working groups

Hi everyone,

  Great topic - and I'm glad to see there's so much interest!

  There's a couple of alternatives within the OASIS structure that the TC might wish to consider.

  The first - and simplest - is the creation of subcommittees. To be a member of a subcommittee you must be a member of the TC (not
necessary to be a voting member). A subcommittee can't make formal decisions; they would do all the work, and then submit to the
full TC for any necessary votes. The nice part of this is the built-in coordination aspect.

  The second option would be to create separate TCs. They would each have their own charter, voting membership, etc.

  A third option is a combination of the two - basically creating something akin to a "member section" which has a steering
committee. Each of the separate TCs would then unify under this umbrella. TCs could have unique membership, but activities would be
coordinated.

  I'll be happy to provide more details or any other info.

  And since I'm here, congratulations to everyone who participated in the development of DITA v1.0!

Regards,

Mary