Subject: Re: [dita] Groups - Suggested updates for 1.0 specification (suggestedUpdates.html) uploaded

Thanks for the comments, Chris.  I know that Robert would welcome
additional input from others on this action item for all to review the
suggested updates.  Would it be useful for Robert to post a zipped version
of the files with these updates, **clearly identified as non-normative**,
for TC members to drop into their own applications for testing with?  This
might be an even faster way to get good closure for issuing a "bug fix"
intermediate version soon.

Regards,
--
Don Day <dond@us.ibm.com>
Chair, OASIS DITA Technical Committee

        --T.S. Eliot

             Christopher Wong
             <cwong@idiominc.c
                                       Robert D
             05/24/2005 09:43          Anderson/Rochester/IBM@IBMUS
                                       dita@lists.oasis-open.org
                                                                   Subject
                                       Re: [dita] Groups - Suggested
                                       updates for 1.0 specification
                                       (suggestedUpdates.html)   uploaded

I agree with just about all the suggested updates.

Comments on the suggested updates:
      mentions a typo in "catalog.xml". Is there such a file? The closest I
      see is catalog-dita.xml, and it does not have the typo in question.
      remove entity declaration for "ut-d-simpletable" from
      utilitiesDomain.ent: could you give some background?
      hilightDomain.mod: typo, I think. Should be "highlightDomain.mod".
      <property> in reference.mod should be described as "Property Row",
      not "Property". Maybe we could have a better name? The suggested long
      name seems to mix presentation with semantic.
      "sepcialization" typo in topic.mod: programmingDomain.mod also has
      the same typo.
Sorry for the late notice.

Chris

robander@us.ibm.com wrote:
      The document named Suggested updates for 1.0 specification
      (suggestedUpdates.html) has been submitted by Mr. Robert Anderson to
      the
      OASIS Darwin Information Typing Architecture (DITA) TC document
      repository.

      Document Description:
      The suggested changes correct a couple of technical problems in the
      specification, as well as suggesting numerous corrections to comments
      in
      the DTD and XSD files. The suggested changes are grouped roughly by
      type,
      with general changes first (including all technical problems),
      followed by
      incorrect element descriptions, typos, and entity issues.

      View Document Details:
      http://www.oasis-open.org/apps/org/workgroup/dita/document.php?document_id=12665

      Download Document:
      http://www.oasis-open.org/apps/org/workgroup/dita/download.php/12665/suggestedUpdates.html

      PLEASE NOTE:  If the above links do not work for you, your email
      application
      may be breaking the link into two pieces.  You may be able to copy
      and paste

      -OASIS Open Administration