Subject: Re: OASIS Adoption Forum in the Fall

Thank you for the invitation below for the DITA TC to participate in the
subject event, Jane.  By copy of this note to the DITA TC mailing list, we
will find room in a future agenda to discuss your proposal for
participation and then let you know what we decide.

Regards,
--
Don Day <dond@us.ibm.com>
Chair, OASIS DITA Technical Committee

        --T.S. Eliot

             "Jane Harnad"
             <jane.harnad@oasi
             s-open.org>                                                To
                                       Don Day/Austin/IBM@IBMUS
             06/01/2005 11:44                                           cc
             AM
                                                                   Subject
                                       OASIS Adoption Forum in the Fall

Dear Don,

I'm happy to bring you a great opportunity to promote your DITA TCs
work. We have just confirmed the date and location of our fall event -
The OASIS Adoption Forum.  The event will take place on the 17 of
October in London and will feature a one-day program exclusively devoted
to the adoption of OASIS Standards and specifications.  (Note:  The
OASIS Adoption Forum will be co-located with another event - the eWorld
Government and Healthcare Conference -
http://www.eworld-government.com/.)

The program will be made up of six to eight presentations, each on key
OASIS Standards and specifications of particular interest to the
European community. We would like to invite a representative from your
TC (preferably someone from the European community) to participate on
our Forum Program Committee.  This would be a great opportunity to help
mold and shape not only the presentation given by your TC, but all the
other presentations and how they might relate to your topic. The Program
Committee responsibilities include: participating on two or three
conference calls, providing input on the program via email discussions,
and confirming the presentation topic and speaker on behalf of his/her
TC. There will be no face-to-face meetings held during the planning
stage, but we do hope that this representative might be willing to
attend the event (of course a complimentary registration would apply).

Please discuss this opportunity with the members of your TC, and let me
know if an appropriate representative would like to participate on this
Forum Program Committee. We're anxious to start promoting your
participation and the event, so please get back to me by 6 June 2005. I
would also be happy to discuss this opportunity further, so please feel
free to contact me directly.

Best regards,

Jane Harnad
Manager of Events
OASIS
jane.harnad@oasis-open.org
+1978-667-5115 ext 214
Office Hours:  Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday

P.S. Please also note that we do have a couple rooms available at the
hotel on 18, 19, and 20 of October.  If your TC would like to hold a F2F
meeting in conjunction with the conference, please let me know. Space
will go quickly.