Subject: Proposal for moving forward with 1.1 Requirements List

Hello List,

Here's a proposal for moving forward with the 1.1 Requirements List.

(A) DETERMINE ASSIGNMENTS (by end of meeting 6/21/05?)
        - Volunteer for any items you want to help
          develop/implement.

        - Compile list of volunteers into the Issues List, so we
          know who's signed up for what

        - For items that have no volunteers, we need to decide what
          to do --
            - Any volunteers just to scope the item?
            - Drop the item from the list?
            - Other suggestions?

(B) DETERMINE IMPORTANCE of EACH ITEM (by end of meeting 6/28?)
        - The first task for the volunteers, is to determine the
          following:
            - Scope: "Major" vs. "Trivial" --
                    - Major: We don't know how to do it (at least,
                      not exactly).  At least some consideration and
                      thought must be applied to figure out how to
                      design the best solution to the problem.
                    - Trivial: It's already clear what needs to be
                      done.  Someone just has to do it.
            - Use Case (for "Major" items only?):  Give an example of
              how the proposed item would be used, in order to
illustrate
              WHAT the proposed change is, and WHY it is important.
            - Technical Requirements -- List the technical
              requirements.
            - Costs and benefits --
                    - Time and effort required (both for
                      implementers and for TC)
                    - How many people (users) would be affected?
                      (all/many/few)
                    - How much of a positive impact would the
                      proposed item make (significant/minor)
        - Once these things are determined, we then have enough
          background to decide if the item is a MUST HAVE or a NICE
          TO HAVE, or whether the item should just be postponed.

(C) SET SCHEDULE AND MILESTONES (by end of meeting 7/12?)
        - Having identified the must-haves and their time
          requirements, we can proceed to set a schedule.
        - Use the "major" items to set the milestones for the
          project.  It's the "major" items that will probably form
          the "critical path" for the project.
        - The "trivial" items can fill in the space in between.
        - This gives us an overall target, plus a means of tracking
          progress along the way.  This will also provide us with an
          outline of required TC discussions over the coming
          weeks/months.

Well, let me know what you think.

Seraphim

Seraphim Larsen                       CIG Operations / TPPE
Senior Technical Writer                   Intel Corporation
(480) 552-6504                                 Chandler, AZ

The content of this message is my personal opinion only.
Although I am an employee of Intel, the statements I make
here in no way represent Intel's position on the issue, nor
am I authorized to speak on behalf of Intel on this matter.