Subject: Groups - Action Item Modified: #0023 Embedding version numbers in cat...

OASIS Darwin Information Typing Architecture (DITA) TC member,

Mr. Eliot Kimber has modified this action item.

Number: #0023
Owner: Mr. Eliot Kimber
Due: 13 Sep 2005

Comments:
Seraphim Larsen  2005-09-06 18:40 GMT
From TC Meeting 06 Sept 2005:
    - Catalogs: embedding version numbers
        - http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/dita/200509/msg00000.html
        - There was extensive discussion, not all of it captured
          here.  If there are any significant omissions, please post
          to the TC List.
        - Chris Wong -- The proposal as it stands seems OK; the
          peripheral issues can be resolved separately.
        - Don -- Looks like we need to identify "best practice" for
          current version of the spec, and for 1.1., maybe we should
          update the spec with a best practice on the use of XML
          schema with the catalog.
        - Don -- Doesn't seem to be disagreement here -- just looks
          like we need to distill this down into a design principle
          that we can include in 1.1.
        - Eliot -- Sounds appropriate
        - Don -- Any volunteers to write up the issues and the
          analysis of what we discussed here?
        - Eliot -- Will take that Action Item, and will send to Paul
          to review and also post to the list.  *ACTION*

Seraphim Larsen  2005-09-13 21:39 GMT
From TC Meeting 13 Sept 2005:

        - Eliot -- One of the main concerns here, is that if we
          rename things for the 2.0 release, it may require
          significant rework for users at that point.
        - See links above for more details on recommendations.
        - Don -- Is the title appropriate?
            - No disagreement
        - Don -- How should we wrap this up?
            - Don -- Moves that Eliot wrap up the document and post
              to the drafts section of the website, with a sample
              XML catalog attached.
            - No objections, approved by acclamation >>> update
              Action Item #23 for Eliot.  ***ACTION***
        - Paul Prescod -- Suggested that the version-independent
          identifiers needed to explicitly reflect the DITA version
          1.x application.
        - Eliot -- After some discussion, Eliot agreed that this was
          appropriate.
        - Paul -- also suggested that there needed to be a third
          form of version-independent identifier that was also not
          specific to any version of the DITA application.

Mr. Eliot Kimber  2005-10-17 22:26 GMT
I have uploaded an almost-complete draft of my analysis of the issues and discussion of how to structure the catalogs themselves. I got sidetracked on this activity when I ran into a problem with the way that Xerces has incorrectly implemented catalog lookup of schemas via schema location hints.

View Details:
http://www.oasis-open.org/apps/org/workgroup/dita/members/action_item.php?action_item_id=1016

Referenced Items
Date            Name                             Type
2005-10-17      action-item-23.html              Reference Document
2005-09-06      TC Meeting Minutes 06 September 2005.txtReference Document
2005-09-13      TC Meeting Minutes 13 September 2005.txtReference Document

- OASIS Open Administration