Subject: RE: [dita] Attempt to summarize position on nested sections

Hi Paul, I see your point.

I'm resistant to your argumentation because I'm trying to protect people
against themselves, which in turn might force them into solutions that
are not always the most natural.

I guess we're back to defining what the smallest reusable unit of
information is in this example, which is kind of hard  after the fact.
It mostly depends on what the intention was when the project was
created.

Yet the article example fails to convince me. If we agree that the
Information section is task-like and could be re-used. We're already
splitting the example into 2 topics. In this case, it doesn't cause any
problem because you can add a topic at the end of another one. What
would happen if the task-like section (or any reusable section) was in
the middle of an article? Isn't it easier to make the article from
topics, even if it means some are not reusable? (Could they be written
as reusable units?)

Allowing nested sections might means that some information that could be
reused will not.

As far as polluting the searchspace with topics is concerned. Most good
search-engine will allow you to seach for reusable topics only, if a
reusable=true/false attribute is made available in the topics
themselves.

France