Subject: RE: [dita] RE: [Dita-ot-developer] Handling of xref attributes

scope="local": grab linktext (and shortdesc if available) from the target unless defined in the link/topicref/xref
        - format is assumed to be dita, href will change .dita to .html on output; if format not dita, linktext must be defined in the link/topicref/xref
scope="peer": linktext must be defined in the link/topicref/xref (shortdesc optional)
        - format is assumed to be dita, href will change .dita to .html on output
scope="external": linktext defaults to the URL unless defined in the link/topicref/xref (shortdesc also optional)
        - format is assumed to be NOT dita; href will be passed through as-is

Michael Priestley
IBM DITA Architect
Classification Schema PDT Lead
mpriestl@ca.ibm.com

"Paul Prescod" <paul.prescod@blastradius.com>

02/09/2006 07:52 PM

Michael Priestley/Toronto/IBM@IBMCA
cc
<dita@lists.oasis-open.org>, <dita-ot-developer@lists.sourceforge.net>, "Robert D Anderson" <robander@us.ibm.com>, "Su-Laine Yeo" <su-laine.yeo@blastradius.com>
Subject
RE: [dita] RE: [Dita-ot-developer] Handling of xref attributes