Subject: TC membership intent

A question came up last week about TC Voting Member status based on
attendance. The TC relies on regular attendance of Voting Members to
achieve the quorum needed to conduct formal business.  The rule to remain a
Voting Member to to be present at 3 out of the last 5 formal business
meetings.  January started with some irregular meetings, so the rule is
hard to apply based on the past 5 meetings alone.  Rather, please let me
know directly if you wish a CHANGE of your status for any of these cases
that apply to you:

* If you are presently registered as a Member and want to upgrade to Voting
Member. (normally this is a given after 2 attendances, but I respect the
wishes of those who know their attendance is iffy.)

* If you are a Voting Member and you know you cannot keep up the "3 out of
5" attendance rule well enough to maintain voting status consistently, or
that your absences while Voting Member might affect quorum regularly.

* If you are presently an Applicant who would like to upgrade to Member or
Voting Member.

I remind Observers that your role is "listen only"--you can attend the
meetings, read the TC's materials, and provide input to the TC through the
Comment form, but you cannot take part in TC design discussion during
meetings or by email to the list.

The applicable rules are here:
http://www.oasis-open.org/committees/process.php#2.4 .

Regards,