Subject: RE: [dita] Last call for top DITA issues

I was about to say that glossaries are not a dependent part of the bookmap
design. The generalized booklist facility allows subsequent development of
any type of collection that could be desired.  I'll note that the 80/20
rule for usefulness of DITA 1.0.5 (?) to the community could be satisfied
by a simple booklist reference to a topic titled Glossary ( reversible back
into structured glossaries, if needed).

Regards,
--
Don Day
Chair, OASIS DITA Technical Committee

   --T.S. Eliot

             "Paul Prescod"
             <paul.prescod@bla
             stradius.com>                                              To
                                       Erik Hennum/Oakland/IBM@IBMUS,
             02/20/2006 12:59          "Esrig, Bruce \(Bruce\)"
             PM                        <esrig@lucent.com>
                                                                        cc
                                       <dita@lists.oasis-open.org>
                                                                   Subject
                                       RE: [dita] Last call for top DITA
                                       issues

Guys: As self-appointed group minimalist I would argue that we should defer
the glossaries.

 * there seem to be many open questions
 * glossaries can be authored "by hand"
 * multi-use glossaries can be created with conditional text and conref
 * we can't do everything at once

Other opinions?