Subject: Announcing DITA XML.org Focus Area

OASIS will officially launch the DITA XML.org Focus Area (http://dita.xml.org) tomorrow.  The site features three main sections:

1) DITA Knowledge Base, which provides a  technical and educational background on the standard, as compiled by the site's Editorial
Board;

2) DITA Today, which serves as a community bulletin board and directory; and

3) DITA Wiki, which enables the public to dynamically collaborate on documents and add new pages.

We invite you to review the site at your earliest convenience. Consider posting news, events, case studies, testimonials, and/or
recommendations to other useful resources on DITA.

If your organization provides DITA products or services, please take a moment to review the directory at
http://dita.xml.org/products-services. If your company is not included, please consider adding a listing. If your company is listed,
and you would like to edit the information we've posted, please let me know.

Creation and oversight of content for the DITA XML.org Focus Area is provided by the site's Editorial Board, which includes Don Day
and Michael Priestly of IBM, Bruce Esrig of Lucent Technologies, Kay Ethier, JoAnn Hackos and Jen Linton of Comtech Services, Scott
Prentice of Leximation, and Jerry Silver of Blast Radius. These individuals have generously devoted their time and talents over many
months to lay the foundations for what we hope will become a valued gathering place for the DITA community worldwide. The Editorial
Board remains open to any member of OASIS; please contact me if you are interested in serving.

We also applaud the DITA XML.org Focus Area sponsors, including Adobe, Blast Radius, Comtech, Innodata Isogen, PTC, and Vasont, for
their support and dedication to advancing the adoption of DITA. Additional sponsors are welcome; contact peter.roden@oasis-open.org
for details.

The DITA XML.org Focus Area is just getting started, and its success depends on the support of the community. Please visit the site
soon and often.

Best regards,
Carol

Carol Geyer
Director of Communications
OASIS
Voice: +1.978.667.5115 x209

OASIS Symposium: The Meaning of Interoperability, 9-12 May, San Francisco
http://www.oasis-open.org/events/symposium_2006/