Subject: Re: [dita] Formal Imagemaps

Hi Gershon - the problem is that imagemap is specialized from the <fig>
element, and fig does not allow fig as a child. So, fig cannot legally
allow imagemap either.

This does mean that the imagemap could legally include a title element on
its own, but it's not part of the specification - you could probably bring
that up as a 1.2 or 1.3 enhancement.

Robert D Anderson
IBM Authoring Tools Development
Chief Architect, DITA Open Toolkit
(507) 253-8787, T/L 553-8787

             "Gershon L
             Joseph"
             <gershon@tech-tav                                          To
             .com>                     <dita@lists.oasis-open.org>
                                                                        cc
             05/10/2006 10:45
                                       [dita] Formal Imagemaps

             Please respond to
             <gershon@tech-tav
                   .com>

One of my clients requires <imagemap> to have a caption. For now, I'll
specialize <fig> by adding <imagemap> as an optional child, but I was
wondering what the rational was for not making <imagemap> available in
<fig>?

PS. I'm not asking for this to be done in DITA 1.1. I just want to
understand the thinking at the time in case I'm missing something here...

Best Regards,
Gershon

---
Gershon L Joseph
Member, OASIS DITA and DocBook Technical Committees
Director of Technology and Single Sourcing
Tech-Tav Documentation Ltd.
office: +972-8-974-1569
mobile: +972-57-314-1170
http://www.tech-tav.com