Subject: RE: [dita] Updated feature 20

It is still not clear what we mean when we say that we are going to “use” the XSL reference. Will we or won’t we support XSL’s three color-function syntaxes?

http://www.w3.org/TR/xsl/slice5.html#expr-color-functions

In addition, I don’t believe that XSL has a notion of the # hexhexhex syntax. So if we want that, we aren’t really using XSL syntax, though we might be using XSL color names.

CSS 1 allows basically five syntaxes. Color names, 3-digit hex codes, 6 digit hex codes, rgb absolute, rgb percentage.

It seems like what we have been informally describing is actually the HTML 3.2 color model:

http://www.w3.org/TR/REC-html32.html

Are there any known problems with that model that would prevent us from using it?