Subject: RE: [dita] Complexity of bookmap content model

I would support having colophon in both front and backmatter as options.
Standards among publishers are variable around this. I would not enforce
order in the backmatter either.
JTH

JoAnn T. Hackos, PhD
President
Comtech Services, Inc.
710 Kipling Street, Suite 400
Denver, CO 80215
303-232-7586
joann.hackos@comtech-serv.com
joannhackos Skype
www.comtech-serv.com

-----Original Message-----
From: Paul Prescod [mailto:paul.prescod@xmetal.com]
Sent: Thursday, June 15, 2006 8:49 AM
To: Robert D Anderson
Cc: dita@lists.oasis-open.org

Now that we're getting down to detail...

> <!ELEMENT bookmap (title, bookmeta?,
>       frontmatter?, chapter*, part*, backmatter?,
>       colophon?, reltable* )>

The current model has two ways of representing the title. I don't
totally understand that design but hope to within a few days.

Can we move colophon into the backmatter?

> <!ELEMENT frontmatter (booklists | draftintro |
>        abstract | dedication | preface | topicref)*>

Looks good.

> <!ELEMENT backmatter (appendix*, notices?
>        specialnotices*, amendments?, topicref* )>

Is there a reason to enforce order and cardinality on the backmatter but
not the frontmatter?

> <!ELEMENT part (topicmeta?, chapter*)>

What about the extra topicref for specialization?

 Paul Prescod