Subject: RE: [dita] Complexity of bookmap content model

I like the idea of removing Appendices from Backmatter.
JTH

JoAnn T. Hackos, PhD
President
Comtech Services, Inc.
710 Kipling Street, Suite 400
Denver, CO 80215
303-232-7586
joann.hackos@comtech-serv.com
joannhackos Skype
www.comtech-serv.com

-----Original Message-----
From: Robert D Anderson [mailto:robander@us.ibm.com]
Sent: Friday, June 16, 2006 8:10 AM
To: Paul Prescod
Cc: dita@lists.oasis-open.org

During this ongoing discussion, Paul Prescod and I each got an off-list
note that requested keeping appendices out of the backmatter, because
they
are not backmatter. Are there any other opinions on this? So, that would
remove <appendix> from the back matter, and change the bookmap model to:
<!ELEMENT bookmap (title, bookmeta?,
       frontmatter?, chapter*, part*, appendix*, backmatter?,
       reltable* )>

One side advantage I see to this is that it keeps all of your appendices
together; you won't accidentally stick your index between Appendix C and
Appendix D. Of course if anybody wants the other back matter before the
appendices, they may see it as a disadvantage. Are there any other
comments
on this? If it's as easy as the others, we can probably go ahead with
it,
but if it is controversial I think we should keep it in the back matter
as
currently designed.

Thanks-

Robert D Anderson