Subject: RE: [dita] Complexity of bookmap content model

Are there opinions on which of the front and back sections should *not*
appear in both? So far, both on and off the list, I've heard comments on
these:
preface should only be in front
abstract should only be in front
draftintro should only be in front
amendments should (probably) only be in back

If anybody disagrees with these, or would like to add to the "one place
only" list, now's the perfect time to speak up...

If nothing else changes, the bookmap content models will be updated as
follows. If there are other suggestions, I'll incorporate them and send out
another full list of changes before Tuesday's TC call, which can hopefully
result in a quick vote of approval.

<!ELEMENT bookmap (title?, bookmeta?,
    frontmatter?, chapter*, part*, appendix*, backmatter?,
    reltable* )>

<!ELEMENT frontmatter (booklists | notices |
    specialnotices | dedication | colophon |
    abstract | draftintro | preface | topicref*)

<!ELEMENT backmatter (booklists | notices |
    specialnotices | dedication | colophon |
    amendments | topicref)*>

<!ELEMENT part (topicmeta?, (chapter | topicref)*)>

Last - many thanks to Paul Prescod for inspiring this simplification, and
to others for reviewing...

Robert D Anderson
IBM Authoring Tools Development
Chief Architect, DITA Open Toolkit